- This event has passed.
2019 Ruth Salzberg Memorial Safety Seminar
March 30 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
This year the club has organized its 15th annual (skipping last year) 1-day Safety Seminar on Saturday, March 30, 2019. We honor Ruth Salzberg, a vital member of this organization who passed away in 2006.
The seminar will be held at the Yale Divinity School at 409 Prospect St, New Haven, CT.
- From I91 S, take Exit 4 and turn R (West) onto Humphrey St. Go 0.5 mi, then take R onto Whitney Ave for 0.25 mi, 1st L onto Edwards and R onto Prospect St. Go 0.25 mi and turn right into the One-Way driveway on the far side of the Divinity School. The parking lot will be on your left at the top of the hill.
- From I95 N take Exit 3. Go straight through the Orange St light for 0.3 mi and turn Rt onto Prospect for 0.75 mi. Turn right into the One-Way driveway on the far side of the Divinity School. The parking lot will be on your left at the top of the hill.
Sessions start at 8AM and end by 6:00PM. Breakfast and Check-In at 7:30AM, lunch, mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks, meeting the presenters after, and informal dinner out with those who are interested.
Continental breakfast (donuts, fruit salad), pizza and salad for lunch, and afternoon snacks (cookies and apples) are included. Soft drinks, water, and coffee/tea will be provided. Gluten free-pizza is available if requested to email@example.com by March 28.
To qualify for having attended this BFA Safety Seminar you must attend the entire seminar.
This will be a CORE subject seminar focusing on pilots and crew – improving piloting and crew skills by refreshing the basics we know so well (and may not have reviewed for a while.)
- Powerline Safety
- FAA and FAAST Wings Program and safety
- Aviation medicine and regulations
- Aeronautical/pilot decision making
- Pilot and crew safety communications
- Checklists and tethering
2019 CLAS Safety Seminar Registration (PDF Document)
To register please contact Penny Christy, CLAS Safety Seminar Chairperson, at 860-857-8757 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org